cctont-imp

[cctont-imp] COMMENTS: CCTONT-worksheet-v0-3a

To: CCT Ontology Implementation <cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Garret Minakawa <Garret.Minakawa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:35:39 -0700
Sigma on cim3.net is down so I probably won't make any additional progress before this afternoon's con call.  Following are my notes as I started to go through the spreadsheet (it's not much but at least it's a start)

Core Component Types.  The 10 CCTs do not technically have any data associated with
them.  The Primary Supplemental Component (*.Content) is where the value associated with the CCT belongs.  The CCT itself is merely a container to hold the Primary  Supplemental Component and Secondary Supplemental Components associated with the CCT.

For example:

Amount. Type contains
  Amount. Content (Primary Supplemental Component)
  Amount Currency. Identifier (Secondary Supplemental Component)
  Amount Currency. Code List Version. Identifier (Secondary Supplemental Component)

If Amount. Type was used as the CCT associated with Invoice. Amount, and the value for  Invoice. Amount was $10.00 USD, and the code "USD" was taken from version 1997-2 of  ISO 4217, the full representation of this value would be

Invoice. Amount
  10.00   = Amount. Content
  USD     = Amount Currency. Identifier
  1997-2  = Amount Currency. Code List Version. Identifier

Therefore, I'm not sure how the CCTs should be mapped to SUMO.

Amount. Content.  I don't think I would have chosen monetaryValue as the mapping for  this data element.  The name (monetaryValue) seems to make sense but the attributes associated with monetaryValue (specifically, Object) seem to be a bit too limiting.

My interpretation of monetaryValue is representing the value of some "thing" like a  car, building, furniture, etc.  Amount. Content can be used to represent any monetary value - not necessarily just the value of some object.

To  Post: mailto:cctont-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/cctont-imp/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CctRepresentation
Community Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/CCT-Representation/