bsp-forum

Re: [bsp-forum] Fwd: [ontolog-forum] [Fwd: The Open Group SOA Ontology]

To: "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:15:32 -0400
Hi Bob,

Funny you should ask, I was just looking at the BPMN guide this morning. I like the process markers and think they could be pretty useful, especially if they are easily processed in standard ways. To me, the rectangles, and rectangles within rectangles and sample colors are too harsh.

RE: The list, I was wondering about a chart with Metric, Units, Standards, Data, System, Performance across the top

Then going down criteria for various BSP metrics - for example Healthy Office Building Index - see attached where the metrics are:
Indoor Air Quality
Light
Acoustics
Space
Productivity
Cost
Commute
Percent Open Data

This is one metric for one building type. Maybe your road problem with 17 points and 92 criteria can be a sample for 11 52 00 00 Transportation Routes.
11 13 11 31 Fire Station could be a sample for GEO/BIM awareness and so on.

Who has the data? What is being measured? What is ideal performance? In the end what are the units, this IAQ, at a cost per SF, increased productivity per Bureau of Labor Statistics, exchange standards per......

This basic layout could probably fit in BPMN - but what are the critical components and exchanges for SOA and BSP only?

Have a great day - Deborah