[uos-convene] Invitation to the Ontolog call Thu 2006.03.30

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Upper Ontology Summit Organizing Committee <uos-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:06:44 -0800
Last Thursday, the UOS organizing committee made a conference
call to debrief on the Upper Ontology Summit. Proceedings from
that call is available at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2006_03_25    (01)

Of particular interest to this UOS-conveners group, is that the
organizers thought it appropriate (until such time that serious
project(s) emerge and gets formalized) for all of us to take
advantage of the Ontolog community platform to informally
exchange and pursue ideas that will get any upper ontology
community's joint-work to the next level.    (02)

As such, I am hereby inviting everyone here to our Ontolog
regular Thursday conference calls. We don't have an Ontolog event
(like an invited speaker or a scheduled technical discussion
session) tomorrow; that would allow us some time to discuss
things we've already agreed to work on -- like preparing joint
whitepaper(s) ready for FOIS 2006 or the Applied Ontology journal
-- as well as to sync up, and talk about what we can do
immediately to advance the direction outlined in the UOS joint
communique & to-do list.    (03)

I have tentatively included a UOS-follow-up discussion tomorrow's
Ontolog call agenda, which can be found (along with call-in
details) at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_03_30    (04)

Come join us at the call if you can!    (05)

Regards.  =ppy

Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (07)