Re: [uos-convene] Endorsements

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bill Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:16:56 -0500
Matthew,    (01)

To the extent that you understand Barry's BFO, could you say which
parts of 15926 cannot be mapped to it?  As far as I understood it,
BFO was not bicategorial in the classic sense but rather as Barry
says, where one can switch between 3D and 4D views.  I am familiar
with 4D approaches and some of the thorny issues wrt 3D, but your
reply on this would be helpful to we who are trying to make sense of
your (and Barry's) position.    (02)

        .bill    (03)

On Mar 1, 2006, at 04:14 , West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321 wrote:    (04)

> Dear Barry,
>
> You are still not both 3D and 4D everywhere. You are 3D in some
> places and 4D in others. ISO 15926 is just 4D, and this is a quite
> legitimate choice, as yours is. They are still not compatible.
>
> Matthew

Bill Andersen (andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Chief Scientist
Ontology Works, Inc. (www.ontologyworks.com)