Re: [uos-convene] Two questions for you

To: ray@xxxxxxxx, Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:20:02 +0100

On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:47 PM, Steve Ray wrote:

Colleagues,
    Regarding the upcoming Upper Ontology Summit, we are anxious to keep the momentum going on our goals for the meeting, and in support of that, I have two propositions for which I would appreciate your response:

1) We would like to schedule a live conference call next week to cover some ground regarding the technical issues surrounding the reuse of knowledge among the upper ontologies. We are proposing one of two possible times for the call: 9:00am Eastern Time (US) on Wednesday, March 1st, or 9:00am Eastern Time (US) on Thursday, March 2nd. Would you be so kind as to indicate your preference between these two choices? Once we have an indication of availability, we will be back in touch with details on the call.

Both times are fine with me, with a slight preference for Thursday.

2) We expect a number of representatives from the public media to be present on March 15th, and would like to offer your name as a person they might consider for an interview on the subject of ontologies, interoperability, semantics, or related topics. If you have any objection to being listed as available for an interview, please let me know and I will remove your name from the list. Alternatively, if you would like your title to appear in some particular way, please let me know that.

Fine with me.

Nicola

Nicola Guarino

Head, Laboratory for Applied Ontology (LOA), ISTC-CNR

Institute for Cognitive Sciences and Technologies

National Research Council

Via Solteri, 38

I-38100 Trento

phone:     +39 0461 828486