Re: [uom-ontology-std] retitled: Units of an angle

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joe Collins <joseph.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:40:14 -0400
> But what comes below is exactly paragraph 1.2 in VIM 2008 (= JCGM 200:2008
> (E/F)).
>
> Ingvar J    (01)

True. But your use of the word "but" implies that I have denied this to be so.
Having read some, but not all, materials on dimensions and units, I cannot deny
that other sources may be sufficient. I found the ISO documents the most
complete, and are, I assume, the most authoritative.
Other, derivative documents I have found to be less complete.    (02)

Regarding the current state of physics, I think that everyday applied physics
is
best for the target user group. Cutting edge theoretical physics is not
sufficiently stable, nor useful, to chase after with ontologies.    (03)

R/jbc    (04)

--
Joseph B. Collins, Ph.D.