socop-forum

Re: [socop-forum] January SOCoP meeting (using new teleconf #) is this W

To: "Spatial Ontology CoP (SOCoP)" <socop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Moeller, John J." <john.moeller@xxxxxxx>
From: Krzysztof Janowicz <jano@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 00:50:01 -0500
>   I afraid I won't be able to join the call tomorrow.    (01)

Same for me, I am teaching every Wed 11-12 since this Spring.
Best,
Krzysztof    (02)

On 01/19/2011 12:03 AM, Peter Yim wrote:
> Gary, John and All,
>
> I have been swamped by the Ontology Summit work, especially on what it
> takes to get ready for the Ontology Summit Launch this Thursday. I
> afraid I won't be able to join the call tomorrow.
>
> Have a good meeting tomorrow.
>
> Best regards.  =ppy
>
> p.s. hope you can All join us at the OntologySummit2011 Launch Event
> on Thursday - please refer to details at:
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_01_20
> --
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Gary Berg-Cross<gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> The next SOCoP Meeting is Wednesday Jan. 19, 2010 from 11:00 - 12:00 Eastern
>> time.
>>
>>   There is a NEW  Teleconference # which is :  1.218.844.8060
>>   Conference ID: 4519746#  We plan on using this number for subsequent
>> meetings.
>>
>> The main Agenda consists of 2 related items – plans for the new year
>> (speakers, workshops, etc,) and  NSF Cyberinfrastructure NTEROP Grant
>> schedule, coordination activities,
>> plans to develop Use Cases, choice of conferences etc.
>>
>> Some activities will follow up on actions items from the Breakout on
>> “Frameworks, Vocabularies, Demos”.  These efforts within a Framework
>> approach include:
>>
>> •        Merged concept for OWS-8, AIP-4, SOCoP demos.
>>
>> •        Develop&  maintain the vocabulary development best practices.
>>
>> •        Prizes for creating the most same-as triples.
>>
>> •        Use existing tools and USGS linked data to create and publish
>> derivative services.
>>
>> •        Publish page of existing tools available for use.
>>
>> •        Leverage INTEROP and create educational resources.
>>
>> --
>> Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.   gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx
>> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBergCross
>> NSF INTEROP Project
>> http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward.do?AwardNumber=0955816
>> SOCoP Executive Secretary
>> Knowledge Strategies     Semantic Technology
>> Potomac, MD
>> 240-426-0770

Krzysztof Janowicz    (04)

GeoVISTA Center, Department of Geography, 302 Walker Building
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA    (05)

Email: jano@xxxxxxx
Webpage: http://www.personal.psu.edu/kuj13/
Semantic Web Journal: http://www.semantic-web-journal.net    (06)