socop-forum

Re: [socop-forum] Internship search

To: "Spatial Ontology CoP (SOCoP)" <socop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: rolf.gruetter@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:47:40 +0100
Dear Gianfranco Gliozzo,

thank you for your email. - We are consistently hosting Master students working in the fields of GIS and/or Semantic Web. What we offer to them is a place of work including a computer and free access to the (electronic) library and so on. We also support them in finding an accomodation during their internship if required, but we do not pay a salary to Master students (if I am well informed, in Switzerland Master students are not allowed to get payed for working on their theses). - Three questions:

1. Why are you looking for a hosting company? - As far as I understand from your email, you have completed the practical part of your thesis. What is left, is to write down the thesis. Why don't you do that with one of the four institutions you mention?
2. For which period are you looking for a hosting company?
3. Can you provide a CV and the contact information of at least two referees? (In a first answer, it is sufficient to tell us, if you are in a porsition to provide this information, you don't have to include it.)

Best regards,
Rolf

- -

Rolf Grütter, DVM, MBA