socop-forum

[socop-forum] Addition to August minutes

To: Socop Forum <socop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:26:19 -0400
Krzysztof Janowicz (Penn State added this information on remote
sensing information too late to be incuded in the minutes.    (01)

The group I mentioned that is working on a semantic-enabled version of
OGC's Sensor Web Enablement is the W3C Semantic Sensor Network
Incubator Group. We also have a wiki that contains materials, talks,
links to ontologies, and so forth:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Main_Page . One of the key
deliverables is a Sensor and Observations Ontology based on OGC's O&M
and SensorML. Besides the Semantic Sensor Web, we also started to work
on Linked Data and sensors in the W3C group. There will be a workshop
on both topics at ISWC 2010, see
http://research.ict.csiro.au/conferences/ssn/ssn10 . Together with
some colleagues from University of Muenster and 52North we have just
published a paper that gives a brief overview and discusses some key
challenges. The paper is entitled 'Towards Meaningful URIs for Linked
Sensor Data' and available online at:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/kuj13/DE2010lsd.pdf . The workshop that
was mentioned during the meeting is the 'Linked Spatiotemporal Data'
Workshop at GIScience 2010 :http://stko.psu.edu/lstd2010/ .    (02)

--
Gary Berg-Cross,Ph.D.
gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx      http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBergCross