sio-dev

Re: [sio-dev] Fwd: [ontolog-forum] Sharing and IntegratingOntologies

To: "[sio-dev] discussion" <sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rick Murphy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 21:42:17 -0400
On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 18:11 -0400, John F. Sowa wrote:
> I consider the word 'entity' (or its representation in any ontology)
> to be an all-inclusive supertype.  The Latin root is 'ens' (being).
> So anything that can be considered to exist is an entity.    (01)

Understood.    (02)

Am I correct to assume that intentionality is the logos that is not
depicted in Brentano's tree of Aristotle's categories?     (03)

I'm working hard to overcome my preconception that Entity is not only
Thing(s), but I'd like a better visual cue, like Being. Have any
projects favored the term Being?    (04)

> John
>     (05)

BTW - I tried this experiment tonight as did my daughter. With your eyes
closed, try to see the number 1. Can you actually see it, or can you
only imagine it ?     (06)

--
Rick    (07)