sio-dev

Re: [sio-dev] Fwd: [ontolog-forum] Sharing and IntegratingOntologies

To: sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:11:00 -0400
On 4/14/2010 1:58 PM, rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there an implicit requirement that functions play a role
> in the FL at least as important as entities?    (01)

I consider the word 'entity' (or its representation in any ontology)
to be an all-inclusive supertype.  The Latin root is 'ens' (being).
So anything that can be considered to exist is an entity.    (02)

Since quantifiers in Common Logic can range over functions and
relations, they would be considered entities just as much as
anything else.    (03)