sio-dev

Re: [sio-dev] Fwd: [ontolog-forum] Sharing and Integrating Ontologies

To: "[sio-dev] discussion" <sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:12:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

The OOR  use cases ( read, write, update and delete) are kind of system use cases.

When ERD people started acting like Object Oriented people,  they converted the CRUD ( Create, Read, Update, Delete )  to use cases.  So there we go... we have such use cases to manage data..  everywhere now..

In real world, use cases are modeled after business scenarios/ user usage and adaptation / integration  scenarios...

User cases need to have actors and business process scenarios..

So depending on the subject of the Ontology, use cases may differ..

My two cents,
Pavithra