Re: [oor-forum] a working OOR instance and a development platform

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Dean <mdean@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:18:55 -0500
Yuri,    (01)

I'm glad you were inspired by my use of digital signatures.    (02)

I agree that signing of ontologies would be a useful integrity mechanism for
OOR (similar to the cryptographic checksums often associated with software
downloads).    (03)

I've been surprised that there hasn't been more work on the digital signature
pillar of the Semantic Web layer cake [1].    (04)

Thanks!    (05)

        Mike    (06)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/Talks/1206-xml2k-tbl/sweb-stack.gif    (07)

On Jan 24, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Yuriy Milov wrote:    (08)