Re: [oor-forum] Proposed OOR Architecture

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Cameron Ross <cross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:26:54 -0400
Thanks Ken.  The following questions are indented to try to capture language independent aspects of the KnowledgeBase interface:

1) Are the basic CRUD operations for sets of axioms language independent right?  Note that I'm using the term "sets of axioms" instead of ontology or module or theory in an attempt to generalize.

2) Are there basic inference operations that are general enough to be language independent?  I'm talking at the interface level and not the implementation level.

3) Are there other semantic operations that are language independent?  Again, I'm talking at the interface level and not the implementation level.

Cameron.