Re: [oor-forum] Developing a standard for an ontology registry/repositor

To: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jack Ring <jring@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx" <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>, "standard-upper-ontology@xxxxxxxx" <standard-upper-ontology@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:26:55 -0500
Folks,    (01)

As John mentioned early on in his message, there is an Open Ontology Repository
effort at Ontolog, which is an open community of practice. You might join and
post to the ontolog OOR list.    (02)

An open ontology repository was the theme of the Ontology Summit, co-sponsored
by NIST and Ontolog and others this past April 27-28, 2008. I believe John and
Paola participated.    (03)

See the OOR page:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository.    (04)

Also see the Ontology summit 2008 page:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda#nid1BLS.    (05)

For info about Ontolog (and the top page), see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl.    (06)

Thanks,
Leo    (07)

Dr. Leo Obrst       The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics
lobrst@xxxxxxxxx    Information Discovery & Understanding, Command and Control
Center
Voice: 703-983-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax: 703-983-1379   McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA     (08)