Re: [ontology-summit] [oor-forum] Todd Schneider's requirements summary

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Evan Wallace <ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:54:51 -0400
dbedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Todd,
>
> Thanks for this good summary.   We are using the term 'repository' but we mean
> essentially a registry not the storage of actual ontologies, correct?   In the
> latter case, we would need an additional set of requirements.
>
> Best regards,
> Denise
>
>      (01)

My understanding is that we are talking about both Registry (a resource
providing
information about ontologies) and Repository (a resource providing
persistent storage,
and retrieval of ontologies) functionality in all these OOR related
discussions.  I am
certainly looking for both, though it is not necessary for every
ontology registered
to be stored in an/the OOR.  Todd's requirements addressed both registry
and repository
functions.  What other requirements do you think should be added to for
repository
functionality?    (02)

-Evan    (03)