Re: [oor-forum] Defining "Ontology Repository" (maybe "OntologyRegistry"

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 04:05:33 -0800
Thank you, Denise.  I assume that is for Duane's motion he made in:

Duane Nickull wrote Feb 4, 2008 10:32 AM PST,
//

Motion made to adopt these definitions instead:

1. An Ontology repository is a facility or facilities where ontology related
artifacts may be persisted and retrieved.

2. An Ontology Registry is where metadata can be declared governing the
storage, semantics, ownership and access policies for artifacts persisted in
the ontology repository.

//

(please let us know otherwise.)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy

P.S.  since I have other commitments today, I will not be able to make a post (about the next step in the process) right after the previously discussed cut-off time for submitting new candidate definitions, but will only be able to post about that later in the day. That cut-off time is still in effect, though (since no one objected yesterday.) Please note.   Tx. =ppy