Re: [oor-forum] Founding Members Meeting of the Open Ontology Repository

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:34:24 -0800
Hi Peter,    (01)

I will have to join for the last half hour since this conflicts with
my OASIS Emergency Management Technical Committee meeting, and since
the work we did in our recent face-to-face meetings is the main
topic, I can't beg off or cut my participation short.    (02)

Just FYI, I am reviewing papers for the the ISCRAM2008 Conference
which takes place in Washington DC (USA), from May 4-7 2008.
http://www.iscram.org/index.php?option=content&task=category&sectionid=1&id=108&Itemid=2    (03)

The Theme for the papers I'm reviewing is "Ontologies for Crisis
Management." While I won't be able to attend, at least as far as I
know at this time, I have been intending to suggest inviting the
presenters of the papers chosen for this part of the Conference to
make a presentation to the Ontolog Forum as another event in what
looks like it will evolve into an ongoing series.    (04)

At least one of the papers I am reviewing is directly related to the
presentation we are making Feb. 14 and all of them would fall into
the repository category of "Guidance." Guidance is the
registry-repository category that is intended to make the rest of the
categories more useful. Those other categories are: Services;
Service Providers;
Standards;
Standards Development Organizations (SDOs); and,
Transactions (individual audit trails),    (05)

These are the other main categories in both the Emergency Management
and Health Informatics registry domains.    (06)

That is what I was saying when my phone began misbehaving yesterday.    (07)

That remains a mystery since I could hear you all wondering what
happened to me, but you could not hear me, and when I tried to
reconnect, the service did not receive my access code numbers. I am
working on getting this situation straightened out, and I have to say
I feel a little snake-bit since the episode with the phone at
Evolution Technologies last week. That episode had nothing to do with
my own phone, so I'd really like to have a talk with Mr. Murphy, as
I'm sure you can understand. Of course, since Mr, Murphy never takes
anyone's calls, I will have to seek more mundane diagnoses for the
problems.    (08)

I've actually had emails from folks who have had similar incidents
and episodes, so I don't feel nearly as singled-out as I was feeling
yesterday. It was like stepping off into the twilight zone.    (09)

Cheers,
Rex    (010)

>You are invited to join us at the Founding Members meeting
>(conference call) of the Open Ontology Repository (OOR)
>Initiative, which will be held next Wednesday, 23-Jan-2008.
>

>*Conference Call details*:
>
>* Date: Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2008
>* Start Time: 9:00am PST / 12:00pm EST / 17:00 UTC
>    o  ref: World Clock -
>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=23&year=2008&hour=9&min=00&sec=0&p1=224
>* Expected Call Duration: 1.5 Hour
>* Dial-in Number:
>    o  from US: +1-605-475-8590 (South Dakota, USA)
>       + Conference ID: "5823120#"
>    o  Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120
>    o  other numbers will be available on the wiki session page
>
>* *RSVP* (offline) to <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
>
>Session page will be on the wiki at:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_01_23
>... an agenda will be posted there closer to the time.
>

>Regards.  =ppy
>
>OOR conveners,
>      Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
>      Mike Dean <mdean@xxxxxxx>
>      Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
>
>P.S. Appreciations to all those who were able to join us at the
>3-Jan-2008 planning meeting and helped establish the OOR
>initiative and its working mission statement. The proceedings of
>that meeting can be found at:
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_03
>--

Rex Brooks