oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] Heavy "upload" traffic to the OOR-sandbox

To: "'Peter Yim'" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>, "'Paul R Alexander'" <palexander@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Tejas Parikh'" <tejas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Shinya Yamada'" <shinya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'OpenOntologyRepository-development' <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'[cwe-imp]'" <cwe-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <jchatign@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:52:01 -1000
Peter,    (01)

I checked the logs on my local (BBN) machine and can confirm that the
federation is only running every four hours. Each run is completing in just
a few seconds because it isn't finding any *new* ontologies on the
OOR-sandbox. And you are right that federation is a pure "download"
operation as far as OOR-sandbox is concerned.    (02)

I believe the "OBO pull" operation does a complete checkout (cvs or svn) of
the OBO repository each time it runs. So that could account for the traffic
you're seeing if it has been configured to run hourly.    (03)

To change an operation's schedule (or disable it completely) you need to
modify the bioportal core's build.properties file, rebuild and redeploy into
tomcat.    (04)

In any case, having a look at bioportal.log (or catalina.out) on the
OOR-sandbox machine would likely tell the full story.    (05)

Jim    (06)