oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] OOR Development: BioPortal Copyright & IP Issues

To: OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:42:38 -0700
Thanks, Todd & Natasha.    (01)

> [TS] Since the OOR is an Ontolog project, I assume we'd use whatever
>        licensing mechanism is in the charter.    (02)

[ppy] *Clarification* - the OOR Initiative is *independent* of Ontolog
... it is only being "incubated" in the Ontolog-CWE (collaborative
work environment).
Other than having agreed that the OOR will develop/support (a) open
technology, (b) open content, and (c) will make provisions to
co-exist/federate with non-open work, the OOR-team has yet to more
clearly define its own IPR Policies (which is, eventually, going to be
different from Ontolog's). We can definitely go by Ontolog's IPR
policy (http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32) on
contents for now ... and defer the issue/discussion to a later time.    (03)

Regards.  =ppy