[ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2014 Hackathon - Optimized SPARQL perf

To: "Ontology Summit 2014 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Victor Chernov <vchernov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 01:10:07 +0400
Hi Colleagues,

Here is the status report from Hackathon #3 (Optimized SPARQL performance management via native API).

STATUS as at 8pm CET 30 March

We have installed all necessary software on the machines of 3 experiment participants. The software includes Virtuoso Universal Server (trial version), Stardog (free eval), NitrosBase RDF Storage, C# application to run the test queries.

The C# application was developed in advance, so we just needed to explain the participants the main ideas, the program structure and the ways the program communicates each RDF tool.

Each participant generated 25 mln triples n3 file using an utility from SP2Bench site, then loaded that file into each database.

Every participant run the application against all 3 databases.

As the process of testing takes considerable amount of time we made a break.

This moment we are fixing the problems with a) Virtuoso license that has been expired on one of our computers accidentally. b) The test query set run incorrectly on another computer. Then we'll run the test application again and hopefully can start analyzing the results.

Regards,
Victor