Re: [ontology-summit] [VarietyProblem] Tackling the Variety Problem in B

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:02:41 -0500
Ken et al,

To your starter list I would offer the idea that Ontologies can also offer a basis for better data/metadata annotation.

Work includes semantic tagging to help with discovery.

This is an idea going back to things like Weinstein, Peter. "Ontology-based metadata." Proceedings of the Third ACM Digital Library Conference. 1998.

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project
SOCoP Executive Secretary
Knowledge Strategies