Re: [ontology-summit] Big Data definition

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Azamat Abdoullaev <ontopaedia@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:28:17 +0200

The whole issue is about Big Knowledge vs. Big Data.

It is estimated that every day 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created, while 90% of all the data in the world today has been created just in the last 2 years.

The big data emerging industry industry is facing a huge challenge how to collect and curate, store and search, share and transfer, analyze and visualize that information.

It is plain that we need to move from "big data" to "big knowledge", employing ontological and semantic mechanisms of big data processing. Some attempts have been done by Google's Knowledge Graph, aiming to replace the whole key terms search strategy.

Our suggestions is to concentrate on Big Knowledge and Open Innovation in the context of Global Ontology, Semantic Web and Applied, Domain Ontologies:

http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/encyclopedic-intelligence-24260973

Azamat Abdoullaev

http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/eis-ltd

http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/presentations