[ontology-summit] [Reuse] Re-usable Semantic Content

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 00:28:00 +0000
Dear Colleagues,    (01)

This year's Ontology Summit    (02)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014    (03)

has as its topic: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology".    (04)

Track A of the programme is: "Use and Reuse of Semantic Content - The
Problems and Efforts to Address Them" - see the Synthesis Page at:    (05)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014_Common_Reusable_Semantic_Content_Synthesis    (06)

So to kick off Track A, we would like to ask: "Is there a good body of
common, re-usable semantic content which may be put to work in almost
any ontology application?"    (07)

If so, would the same material be appropriate as a common semantic
reference for Linked Data? For Big Data? Or are the re-use questions
different?    (08)

Is it even a matter of re-use, or should we be thinking more in terms of
ontology design patterns? Or is there some more appropriate approach to
making use of the different ontology resources that are available out
there?    (09)

Please let us know your thoughts as replies to this email. Please also
feel free to add ideas, pointers etc. to the Community Input page for
Track A, at:    (010)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014_Common_Reusable_Semantic_Content_CommunityInput    (011)

Best regards,    (012)

Mike Bennett, Andrea Westerinen and Gary Berg-Cross
Track A Co-champions    (013)