Re: [ontology-summit] {quality-methodology} Why an Ontology Development

To: OntologySummit2013discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Eric BEAUSSART <eric.beaussart@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:37:23 +0100 (CET)
Dear Matthew West and Colleagues,

I agree with what is said below !

All right, Technical Rules and Tools are better than "Genius" to implement
Objects in Databases !
Team work, even in the most ancient times when prominent individuals had
opportunities to make spectacular progress, is absolutely required by
Scientific Procedures, and even, Methods as i consider they should be Heuristic
exploration of new ways !
Here, we need Tools, Tools, and more Tools !
I sent a mail to <<www.ifomis.com>> quoted by one of the speakers.
Even if OWL doesn't give Graph tools others than Trees,
it is a way to build "shared" representations, and not only for deseases  or
medical equipments !
So, why from this Summit we couldn't Build a "Common Reference" of What an
Ontology should be ?
Eventually with the Tools associated, as, in Medecine, Equipments are
nowadays as important as Nosology juste to take this example !

Happy to share these research with you all !
Eric Beaussart.