Re: [ontology-summit] {quality-methodology} Building Ontologies to Meet

To: "'Ontology Summit 2013 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:49:49 -0000

Dear Yuri,

I’m sorry, but although this looks very interesting in its own right, I really don’t understand how this might relate to ontologies and specifically ontology development methodology. I think you either need to explain the relationship, or if you wish to continue the discussion, move it to the ontolog forum which is not as focussed as the Ontology Summit.

I want to say that all texts related to texts are related to math. And I suppose that the "quality" of any text from the math point of view should bring into consideration the complexity (chaos) theory.

Today  an elementary cellular automaton is well known - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_cellular_automaton

Some rules ("texts") can generate primitive "lines", some of them generates "chaos", some of them generates "chaotic regularity", but some rules is considered to be "universal" (the rule 110, for example)

My point is to see ontologies as "texts ruling texts" into the "Steven Wolfram's paradigm" and to split all ontologies for four classes as Steven Wolfram had done for the automatons

I am not sure how to do this and even if it's possible to do but why not to ask? :-)

Regards

Matthew West

Information  Junction

Tel: +44 1489 880185

Mobile: +44 750 3385279

Skype: dr.matthew.west

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.

Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.