[ontology-summit] Criteria for evaluating ontologies at different levels

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:18:33 -0500
To evaluate an ontology, we need to distinguish the requirements
for the upper-level ontologies, the middle levels, and the low-level
microtheories.  Philosophy dominates the upper levels.  Very narrow,
very specific problems dominate the lower levels.  And terminologies
for various application domains dominate the middle levels.    (01)

The criteria for evaluating an ontology are different for each level.
Following is an excerpt from a note I sent to Ontolog Forum in response
to Chris Partridge.    (02)

After the excerpt, I added more discussion about the criteria
at different levels.    (03)

John    (04)