Re: [ontology-summit] The "O" word finally shows up in the "State-of-the

To: Ontology Summit 2013 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:04:04 -0800
Dear All,    (01)

Ref. my opening post (below), I would like to share this news with
everyone in this community.    (02)

Indeed, for "Ontology" to make it into the Futurist's 2-page review
(from this momentous and voluminous work being reviewed that comprises
10,000 pages; or even, just considering the Executive Edition of that
work being 172 pages) was a real feat. I agree with Nicola, getting
the "O" word published in something that gets read by the likes of the
Secretary general of the United Nations, Heads of States, and
Ministers (S&T, Education, ...  included) of Nations worldwide, is
worth celebrating.    (03)

Elizabeth and I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the
delphi study, which formed the basis of our report; and, of course, to
the organizing committee for OntologySummit2010, and in particular, to
BarrySmith and SteveRay who co-chaired and led that Summit. ...
Appreciations, again, to AliHashemi for the wonderful "What are
Ontologies" piece and the "pretty website" (AliHashemi and
ThomasGetgood) that we can point people to too!    (04)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (05)

Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim