Re: [ontology-summit] Potential Tracks for Ontology Summit 2013

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:51:56 -0500
On 12/12/2012 5:30 PM, Amanda Vizedom wrote:
> That said, it is still fair to say that essential requirements -- those
> from which evaluation dimension relevance is derived -- are themselves
> derived from the use cases. We just need to avoid artificial closure of
> the types of use cases.    (01)

I strongly agree.    (02)

And I want to emphasize that the best use cases come from actual use.    (03)

Michael U. said "Lots of crap is used in production."  I agree.
But if a system is used in production for a mission-critical
application, it demonstrates an important use.  If we claim
that ontology can make it better, then let's show how.    (04)