Re: [ontology-summit] First Model Bench Challenge

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bradley Shoebottom <bradley.shoebottom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:04:11 +0000
Vehicle (class)
  Roadster  (subclass)
  Sedan (subclass)
  SUV (subclass)    (01)

has Use [Activity?] (object property)
Use (class)
  Joyride
  Shopping
  Mass Transportation    (02)

Instances of the Vehicle subclass could be Laredo [Brand name class = Jeep] for
SUV
Instances of the Use sub class could be "soccer team" for mass transit, versus
Intercity (which you might associate with busses or air travel)
Shopping could have instances for grocery vs. home repair supplies vs. brief
errand (can be done on bike or motorcycle)    (03)

You could further create sub object properties for "has Use" if it was
important for you to more tightly control or search for specific use types i.e.
"Roaders" "hasJoyrideUse" "Joyride". This prevents the accidental assignment of
classes or instance from one class to the other when manually curating the
instantiated ontology.    (04)

Bradley Shoebottom
Information Architect - R&D, Innovatia Inc.
Tel: (506) 674-5439  |  Skype: bradleyshoebottom  | Toll-Free: 1-800-363-3358
bradley.shoebottom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.innovatia.net | Follow us on Twitter    (05)