Re: [ontology-summit] , [BigSystemsandSystemsEngineering]Systemofsystems

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Matthew K. Hettinger" <mkhettinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:30:23 -0600
Jack, Cory    (01)

Cory: "A SOS is more of a collaboration. Perhaps these are either indications
that I am overly relaxed today or that there are some unique characteristics to
this SOS thing.    (02)

I don't think you are overly relaxed.  I'm not not sure but I get the
impression that you may be talking past each other.
As related in other posts the are many types of SoSs dependent on the nature of
system(s) boundaries and the nature of the
relations between the interacting components. Consider a non-nested SoS type as
indicated by governance structures, and a nested SoS types
as indicated by nested organizations partitioned by function. A federation type
inherits from both of these. The type defines the state-space,
the instance has a particular state. A gross simplification - stimulus-response
would be discussed in terms of nested systems.    (03)

So, I hope that I'm not overly relaxed and missed the point of the dialogue.    (04)

--
Matthew K. Hettinger    (05)