Re: [ontology-summit] System Components

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Giancarlo Guizzardi <gguizzardi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:39:43 -0200
Matthew,

Pump 101 story illustrates interesting points which are very recurrent also in Organizations
and other social entities (e.g., societies). For instance, one can argue that the case of (instances of) social roles present many of the same characteristics.

One quick point:

An alternative to this issue can be thought of by considering qua individuals (e.g.http://www.loa.istc.cnr.it/Papers/KR04MasoloC.pdf) or perspectiles http://www.loa.istc.cnr.it/Papers/BottazziFerrarioPerspectilesEuroCogSciv.pdf).

By the way, this view does not necessarily require the introduction of "additional" ontological entities, since qua individuals can be seen as complex tropes

The most important point: this is indeed an important characteristic to be considred on systems and worth a discussion.

best,
Giancarlo