[ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2012: session-03 - Thu 2012.01.26, and

To: Ontology Summit 2012 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:19:05 -0800
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_01_26    (01)

Dear Colleagues,    (02)

You are cordially invited to participate at the upcoming Ontology
Summit 2012 virtual panel session listed below.    (03)

****************** Headlines ***********************    (04)

Please join us this Thursday and most of the Thursdays in the next 3
months. We will be featuring virtual panel sessions as part of this
year's Ontology Summit 2012 program where the discourse will be
centered around the theme: "Ontology for Big Systems":    (05)

*Thu 26 Jan 2012* - OntologySummit2012 session-03: "Ontology for Big
Systems & Systems Engineering - I : The Systems and Systems
Engineering Problem Space" - Chair: Dr. Matthew West - see details on
the session page
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_01_26
... *RSVP now*!    (06)

*Thu 02 Feb 2012* - OntologySummit2012 session-04: "Ontology for Big
Systems & Systems Engineering - II : a response to the problem space
and setting out the working program for this Summit Track" - Chair:
Dr. W. Henson Graves - see details on the session page
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_02_02    (07)

* between now and 5-Apr-2012, we are planning to run virtual panel
session every Thursday at the same time window, ~ 2 Hrs, starting
9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST / 6:30pm CET / 17:30 UTC ... please mark your
calendars.    (08)

*Register your attendance* by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> off-line
or register yourself directly to the wiki session page (if you are
already a part of the community). Please include your affiliation and
specify the date of the session(s) when you are writing in to
register.    (09)

********************* Details ************************    (010)

This is our 7th Ontology Summit, a joint initiative by NIST, Ontolog,
NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD with the support of our co-sponsors. The
theme adopted for this Ontology Summit is: "Ontology for Big Systems."
In an earlier planning session last month, the community and
subsequently, the summit organizing committee members brainstormed on
the choice of theme and how best to frame the issues. These inputs
were carefully reviewed and synthesized by the Ontology Summit
Organizing Committee and its leadership. It is this plan and program
that we will be discussing with everyone during the launch event.    (011)

The general format of the Ontology Summit comprises of a series of
both virtual and face-to-face activities that span about 3 months
(January through March or April each year). These activities include a
vigorous three-month online discourse on the theme of the Summit,
virtual panel discussions, research activities, and so on, which will
culminate in a two-day face-to-face workshop and symposium at NIST in
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA on April 12 & 13, 2012. Each year, we
publish a Summit Communique to offer a message from the Summit
participants to the world-at-large as a signature activity of the
Ontology Summit series.    (012)

These sessions, like all Ontolog virtual events, are open and free of
charge. Anyone who is interested, or (better still) who may have
something to contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event details on
the session pages, to which the hyperlink is given above, where you
will find session agenda, conference call dial-in, slides and other
pertinent information. Feel free to pass this invitation along to
colleagues who may also find these sessions to be of interest.    (013)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or add
yourself directly to the session page if you are already an Ontolog or
Ontology Summit community member) so that we can prepare enough
resources to support everyone. [Please state clearly the date of the
session you are registering for in your email.] ... All respondents
will be subscribed (if they aren't already so) to the
[ontology-summit] mailing list so they are participate in the virtual
discourse.    (014)

These sessions will be recorded and made available in a publicly
accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please make sure
you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (015)

Regards. =ppy    (016)

For and on behalf of    (017)

the Session Chairs
Dr. Matthew West & Dr. W. Henson Graves    (018)

and Members of the
OntologySummit2012 Organizing Committee    (019)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2012
--    (020)