Re: [ontology-summit] Summit Engineering Tracks

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mills Davis <millsdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:13:14 -0500
Thanks Jack.  The insight Wilber stresses is that
On Jan 22, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Jack Park wrote:

Hi Mills,

I just got back from sitting in on Monica Anderson's Model Free
Methods workshop to find this message.  I do not have an answer to the
specific question, but an observation.  I read Wilber, just like the
introduction you sent along, looking for lenses, other lenses besides
mine.

I don't have to agree with what I see when handed a different lens;
fact is, I'm as likely not to understand what it's showing as "getting
it". Still, lenses. That's to enable access to frameworks possibly
richer than those I have at hand when contemplating complex, even
wicked situations.

My game is to find and create ways in which people can come together,
each with a different lens, and make sense of complex issues facing
all of us. To do that, I need to avoid making ontological commitments
in the representation system that preclude innovation. So, even if
nobody else has done anything profound with Wilber's ideas, I study
them for my own purposes.

JackP