[ontology-summit] Fwd: [Applications] Launching the conversation about L

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Debmacp <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:01:46 -0500
Broken link thanks Peter for the correction

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: January 22, 2012 4:32:30 PM EST
To: Deborah MacPherson <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ontology-summit] [Applications] Launching the conversation about Large-scale Domain Applications

Typo on your link (hence broken), Deb ..

It should be: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/BSP/ConferenceCall_2008-11-28/
( capital "C" for "ConferenceCal..." )

=ppy
--

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Debmacp <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
By the standard hierarchy I meant this by GSA USACE some owners... Should have clarified the standard NBIMS hierarchy (US National Building Information Modeling Standard). An image "NBIMHierarchicalRelationship.jpg" was posted at http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/BSP/conferenceCall_2008-11-28. Over three and a half years ago. As is true in any domain getting consensus on "the main elements" or a hierarchy at all is significant and it is past time for something to be done with this. Personally, given the vast spectrum how facilities data could be used, I like RDF and will look into some more examples of JSON in action.

The implementation is going to require more than one language - plus physical geometry. Thanks for the pointer to IKL and GML. Thanks for the feedback, will investigate

Deb MacPherson

Sent from my iPhone