Re: [ontology-summit] Keep Message Subject Fresh and Relevant

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael F Uschold <uschold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:58:12 -0800
Many threads go well off the main topic. Please remember to use the good practice of changing the subject when it changes from the original thread.

Michael

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The terminology and taxonomy and classifications are generally developed by subject matter expertise or along with SMEs..   ( Information providers and receivers ).   These are part of Ontology in my opinion..  IT people do not develop these on their own, unless they are the SMEs.  For example there are many MD, PhDs these days with double degree in medicine and technology or science, who wants to understand both the worlds.  Then there people who like to collaborate rather than indulge in everything.  There are many doctors who like to study certain areas of medicine and research and cure people rather than develop information architecture themselves..  It depends. ..

Generally, CIO are responsible for processes, policy  for information flow,  storage, security and any management related issues for computerized information..
CTOs are responsible for the technology stacks and policies and management of technology profile..
Yet again roles and responsibilities are not set in stone, and are defined with in organization to meet its needs.