[ontology-summit] Communique: makign the case, or summaizing our results

To: Ontology Summit <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael F Uschold <uschold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:13:50 -0800
There are two very different ways to write a communique.
1. summarize the results of our 5 tracks, tied together in some nice way
2. make the case for ontology

If the former, we can talk about case studies, and the application framework etc, and the makign the case part will be discussed in the strategy section.

If the latter, we make no attempt to summarize the tracks per se, we just take our best shot at making the caes for ontology, period. This is probably more useful, and we can point to output of each track, to the extent that they exist.  This approach may also be much harder to organize, meaning and produce.  Having each track lead produce a summary of their results is not really much more than solid background material for writing a document focused  on making the case.

Your thoughts?
Michael

--
Michael Uschold, PhD
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts