[ontology-summit-advisors] Invitation to be listed as a Sponsor or as an

To: "'Ontology Summit 2011 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ontology-summit-advisors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:54:28 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

                    This email is to tell you about the opportunity to be listed as a sponsor or advisor of Ontology Summit 2011. What does that mean, you ask? Well, sponsors are “organizations who provide technical or funding support, and/or endorse the purpose of this Ontology Summit.” So while we welcome organizations who step forward to help out with the costs of putting on the Summit, that is by no means a prerequisite to be listed as a sponsor. Advisors are individuals that the organizing committee has invited to help ensure the Summit is a success through their expertise and insight.

                    Our plan this year is to use an opt-out mechanism for our sponsors and advisors. Thus, if you were a sponsor or advisor for last year’s Ontology Summit, we will happily list you as in that role for this year’s Summit unless you ask us to remove your name. On the other hand, if you would like to be added to this year’s list, please let us know that as well, for review by the organizing committee.

                    Information that might be useful to you in this regard:

Last year’s sponsors are listed at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2010#nid22Q2 and the advisors are listed at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2010#nid22Q0

This year’s Ontology Summit, it’s goals, etc. are described at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011

To communicate your desire to be added or subtracted from the list of sponsors or advisors, please send email to:

Peter.yim@xxxxxxxx; steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx and include the word “sponsor” and/or “advisor” somewhere in the subject.

With best regards,

Steven R. Ray and Nicola Guarino, Co-Chairs

Ontology Summit 2011