Re: [ontology-summit] [ontolog-invitation] Deadline to register for on-s

To: Ontology Summit 2010 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tim Wilson <twil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:31:22 -0500
My name is TIM.

Peter Yim wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks. ... I'm going to share this response with the others on the list too (hope it's ok with you.)

Some folks (particularly those who are using the Internet Explorer web browser) are having problems because their browser is not configured to support the TLS 1.0 security protocol (which the NIST site just moved over to during the last weekend.)

Below is a response Steve provided to another individual ... hope that helps.
//
Have you tried the following:

In IE, go to tools/internet options/advanced, scroll down to near the bottom and ensure that "use TLS 1.0" is checked.

Over the weekend, NIST made a security update to some of its Internet servers, substituting TLS 1.0 in place of SSL.  That change is apparently causing issues as users attempt to access the secure registration pages.

I seem to be able to get in using both IE and Firefox. I checked, and both of them have TLS 1.0 enabled.
//

Let me know if that resolves your problem. By the way, the deadline has since been registration extended to Mar-11 ... but feel free to continue bugging us until we have the problem resolved.

Regards.  =ppy