[ontology-summit] Announcement of the 2010 Ontology Summit - "Creating t

To: "'Ontology Summit 2010'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Steve Ray <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:14:49 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

                We are pleased to announce the 2010 Ontology Summit – “Creating the Ontologists of the Future.” As the title suggests, this topic addresses the need to provide effective training for the large number of ontologists that will be needed by industry as semantic technologies enter the mainstream.

In keeping with tradition, we will be launching an on-line discussion around this theme during December 2009, followed by three months of debate and culminating in a 2-day Symposium to be held at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD on March 15-16, 2010.

You can get further information on the summit and participate in its evolution by visiting the wiki pages at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2010. Recognize that the contents of these pages will be changing on a continuing basis.

We hope that you will be able to join us in this timely and important debate, and look forward to your participation. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Sincerely,

Steven Ray and Barry Smith

Ontology Summit 2010 Co-Chairs