[ontology-summit] [OT] do not attach confidentiality statement to your m

To: Ontology Summit 2009 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:32:30 -0700
Onno, (possibly) Michel, and anyone else this may pertain to,    (01)

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion.    (02)

Since this is an open forum with a publicly accessible archive, and
the content are subject to the Ontolog IPR (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32 ), please:    (03)

0. refrain from posting anything you cannot share (under the said policy);    (04)

1. refrain from attaching any statement, footnote, etc. that claims
your post to be other than open content;    (05)

2. try suppressing those footnotes if you can, or use an alternate
email address if you can't;    (06)

3. if you can't do it (and would only very rarely make a post), please
disclaim those disclaimers or confidentiality clauses for the purpose
of your post to this list.    (07)

Thank you for your attention.    (08)

Regards. =ppy    (09)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG
--    (010)

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM,  <Onno.Paap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Using an existing  units of measurement ontology, let it grow and make that
> on-line available as a Semantic Web endpoint would seem  be the obvious
> thing to do.  For units of measurement support would seem to be trivial,
> but I think we are not talking only about that. This is just the start and
> the thing we are talking about is all kinds of reference data.
>
> This is not about technical possibilities but about organization. An
> ontology should be supported and therefore making it on-line available may
> best be the responsibility of the owner of the data or the content
> supporter.
>
> So I want to suggest that all of us having units of measurements content in
> support, to make that available in Semantic Web technology, and to let
> other systems use all those endpoints together as a source of reference
> data. Then to let it grow from there.
>
> Onno Paap    (011)