[ontology-summit] Evaluation Criteria

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:48:17 -0700
Hi All,    (01)

I didn't want to reply to the ongoing '[Quality] What means' thread
because it is already well-focused. I have been waiting for someone
to start a thread on Evaluation Criteria thread but since I am not a
thread champion I have held off. However, while I don't want to tread
on anyone's prerogatives I would like to learn about what constitutes
valid valuable Evaluation Criteria for various purposes, such as (for
a start):
Upper Ontologies v. Domain Ontologies;
Domain Ontology Gatekeeping (are there different criteria for
different domains, or is it additive/subtractive from a general
criteria set?)
Ontology Repository Effectiveness :
        1. How well a (General v. Domain Ontology) repository reaches
its intended audience;
        2. How well a (General v. Domain Ontology) repository
represents the range of interests within its domain;
        3. How well a (General v. Domain Ontology) repository handles
issues from the '[Quality] What means' thread.    (02)

Cheers,
Rex    (03)

--
Rex Brooks