Re: [ontology-summit] OntologySummit2007 has been a great success! ...Pl

To: "Ontology Summit 2007 Forum" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:18:23 -0400

RE: 4/26/07, Uschold, Michael F <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>:

It would be a very good idea to highlight at the beginning who the
intended audience is.

Who is the intended audience?

--

The major dimensions should be highlighted, minimaly in boldface. Now
they are hidden in a long string of paragraphs. Oddly, this is done for

I agree, list them out in the beginning - 7 dimensions were identified
1. Expressiveness
2. Structure
3. Granularity
4. Intended Use
5. Automated Reasoning
6. Prescriptive vs Descriptive
7. Governance

Furthermore, section [sub]headings should highlight the different groups
of dimensions, semantic and pragmatic.
--

The findings start of(f) with a dimension, this is odd.

Wasn't one finding the acceptance of a proposed dimension though?

The findings section should be introduced, not just launched
into.

A summary list of the findings too.

I think the more important distinction that is missed here is:
"engineered for a purpose" vs. "being at attempt to model reality".

So here is a possible alternative.In one case, it is an accurate reflection of
reality. In the other, it is whether it meets the intended purpose. It
is kind of a meta-purpose of the ontology (compared to the intended
purpose dimension)

An open list at the end to record proposed alternatives and solutions.

Debbie

Deborah L. MacPherson
Specifier, WDG Architecture PLLC
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics

Michael

Michael Uschold
M&CT, Phantom Works
425 373-2845
michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx

COOL TIP: to skip the phone menu tree and get a human on the phone, go
to: http://gethuman.com/tips.html