ontology-summit-advisors

Re: [ontology-summit-advisors] [ontology-summit-org] Contributions by th

To: Ontology Summit 2012 Organizing Committee <ontology-summit-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2012 Advisory Committee <ontology-summit-advisors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:48:19 +0000

Apologies: the correct mail list description should be: “Ontology Summit 2012 Advisory Committee” for ontology-summit-advisors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From: ontology-summit-org-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ontology-summit-org-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Obrst, Leo J.
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 3:40 PM
To: Ontology Summit 2012 Organizing Committee; OntologySummit2011 Advisory Committee
Subject: [ontology-summit-org] Contributions by the Ontology Summit Advisory Committee

Ontology Summit Advisors,

The Organizing Committee would like to improve our engagement with you this year on Ontology Summit 2012, encouraging you to provide technical contributions to the Summit. We’d like you to participate in the discussion that is just starting on the [ontology-summit-2012] mailing list: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Please weigh in on topics of interest to you. In addition, please consider volunteering to make contributions as session panellists in the virtual sessions now being planned by the Track Co-Champions. And of course, we invite your suggestions.

The most important page to keep abreast of Ontology Summit 2012 activities is the following:

Ontology Summit 2012: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2012

As you see, we have a very interesting theme this year: Ontology for Big Systems. We also have 4 main Tracks and 1 or 2 cross-cutting tracks:

·  Track-1: Large-scale systems engineering

·  Track-2: Large-scale engineered systems

·  Track-3: Challenge: ontology and big data

·  Track-4: Large-scale domain applications

·  ? X-Track-A2: Ontology and Federated Systems

Additional details are on the main page above.

The Track Co-Champions may individually request your participation as panellists for future sessions.

We welcome your greater participation in Ontology Summit 2012 and look forward to your contributions.

Thanks,

Leo and Nicola

Ontology Summit 2012 general chairs

Dr. Leo Obrst        The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics

lobrst@xxxxxxxxx     Information Discovery & Understanding, Command & Control Cntr

Voice: 703-983-6770  7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305

Fax: 703-983-1379    McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA