ontology-based-standards

Re: [ontology-based-standards] small follow-up on RE: "Ontology-based St

To: ontology-based-standards <ontology-based-standards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joshua Lieberman <josh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 13:12:03 -0400
This aspect of processing is not included explicitly in O&M but is the basis of SensorML which in some ways is a companion to O&M. It would be useful to compare SSN and SML concepts. There are many distinctions here which may or may not be useful in a given situation on the way from a phenomenon to a decision (and back), but more particularly are subject to greater or lesser consensus for purposes of comparability. There may be scientific consensus, for example, that expansivity of a well known fluid is a good analogue for temperature, but not that temperature can accurately indicate crocodile population density.

-Josh