ontolog-invitation

Re: [ontolog-invitation] Ontology Summit 2011: Communique draft review s

To: "[ontolog-invitation]" <ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:42:56 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_04_14    (01)

= *REMINDER* =    (02)

Coming up this Thursday (tomorrow), April-14, starting 9:30am PDT /
12:30pm EDT / 6:30pm CEST / 5:30pm BST / 16:30 UTC, is the Ontology
Summit 2011 pre-symposium preparation and review session.    (03)

This is the last virtual session prior to our Ontology Summit 2011
Symposium (face-to-face workshop) slated for next Monday & Tuesday 18
& 19-April-2011, at the NIST Campus in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.[1]    (04)

During this session our symposium co-chairs will be discussing with
the developing Symposium program, agenda, process and logistics with
everyone, and will answer question anyone may have. The Communique
Lead editors will also be presenting a second draft of the
OntologySummit2011_Communique - our community-driven, collaboratively
authored statement - which we will finalize, adopt and release during
the Symposium. Do note that we would be doing some tweaking of the
Communique during this session and through the [ontology-summit]
discussion list, and so we can go into the symposium with a near-final
draft of that document. Please be cognizant of the process we are
using [2] to get us there.    (05)

Please join us at tomorrow's session if you can, especially if you are
planning to be at the symposium (either on-site or remotely), or to
make your contribution to the Communique draft. See the developing
details on the session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_04_14 ...
RSVP now (if you haven't already) by adding your name to the wiki or
email me <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> (off-line, please) to register your
attendance for tomorrow.    (06)

As you might already know, the on-site registration has already
closed. Registration for remote participation is still open;
therefore, register now if you haven't already. Please refer our
registration page for both on-site and remote participation
details.[3]    (07)

  [1]  OntologySummit2011_Symposium and program -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011_Symposium    (08)

  [2]  Communique input process (from here onward and during the
symposium) - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2011-04/msg00092.html    (09)

  [3]  OntologySummit2011_Symposium registration details -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011/WorkshopRegistration    (010)

Regards. =ppy    (011)

********************* Details ************************    (012)

This is our 6th Ontology Summit, a joint initiative by NIST, Ontolog,
NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD along with the support of our
co-sponsors. The theme adopted for this Ontology Summit is: "Making
the Case for Ontology." These virtual sessions are part of the
proceedings of the Summit, where contributions, both by the panelists
and the participants, are pooled with the online discussion, analyzed,
synthesized, and compiled into a body of knowledge, that will,
hopefully, be useful to the community at large.    (013)

These sessions, like all other Ontolog virtual events, are open and
free of charge. Anyone who is interested, or (better still) who may
have something to contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event
details on the session pages, to which the hyperlink is given above,
where you will find session agenda, conference call dial-in, slides
and other pertinent information. Feel free to pass this invitation
along to colleagues who may also find these sessions to be of
interest.    (014)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or add
yourself directly to the session page if you are already an Ontolog or
Ontology Summit community member) so that we can prepare enough
resources to support everyone. [Please state clearly the date of the
session you are registering for in your email.] ... All respondents
will be subscribed (if they aren't already so) to the
[ontology-summit] mailing list so they are participate in the virtual
discourse.    (015)

These sessions will be recorded and made available in a publicly
accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please make sure
you are cognizant of our IPR policy ( ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32 ).    (016)

Regards.  =ppy    (017)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, Ontolog    (018)

For and on behalf of the    (019)

Members of the
OntologySummit2011 Organizing Committee    (020)

p.s. full proceedings (including agenda, slides, in-session chat
transcript, audio recordings, etc.) for the Ontology Summit 2011
Launch Event (Jan-20) and all the 9 virtual sessions are
already on our archives. You can find links to them at the
Ontology Summit 2011 homepage
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011
... if you missed the chance coming to these sessions in real time,
you can always participate asynchronously by accessing the archives.
--    (021)

Join this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leave this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-invitation/