ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] UoM Ontology Standard (F2F) workshop at NSF (Fri 20

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:46:14 -0700
Re:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/Workshop_2009_10_30
  &
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/ConferenceCall_2009_10_22    (01)

I am happy to announce that the details for the upcoming
(face-to-face) full-day workshop for the UoM_Ontology_Standard
initiative (as well as registration information) are now available:    (02)

*Fri 30 Oct 2009* - this full-day UoM_Ontology_Standard workshop will
be held at the National Science Foundation (Arlington, Virginia, USA).
The session will be focused on adopting a scope and a work-plan,
getting the work-in-progress into a draft standard, and preparing to
move this work to a proper SDO (standards development organization).
This will be a face-to-face workshop with remote participation
support.
 . See session details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/Workshop_2009_10_30
 . See registration, venue and remote dial-in information at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/Workshop_2009_10_30_Registration
 . RSVP now! ... registration deadline for on-site participants is:
end-of-day Tue 2009.10.27    (03)

*Thu 22  Oct 2009* - in preparation of the Oct-30 workshop, we will
also be running a draft documents preview session during this regular
(2.5 Hr.) Ontolog event slot, to coordinate, identify issues and do
some preliminary alignment. see session details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/ConferenceCall_2009_10_22
 . RSVP now (too)!    (04)

The Oct-30 workshop session (face-to-face with remote support) will be
co-chaired by Dr. Frank Olken (NSF), Mr. Howard Mason (BAE; ISO) and
Mr. Edward Barkmeyer (NIST). The Oct-22 preparation (teleconference)
session will be co-chaired by Dr. Frank Olken (NSF) and  Mr. David
Price (Eurostep).    (05)

While the workshop is intended predominantly for the
UoM_Ontology_Standard working group, so they can focus on identifying
and resolving issues and getting the work-in-progress into a draft
standard, other members of the community interested in tracking the
progress of this work are welcome to join as observers. As mentioned,
remote participation is supported as well.    (06)

These events, like all Ontolog virtual events, are open and free of
charge. Anyone who is interested is welcome. Please refer to event
details on the session page, to which the hyperlink is given above,
where you will find session agenda, venue, registration, conference
call dial-in, slides and other pertinent information. Feel free to
pass this invitation along to colleagues who may also find this
session to be of interest. ... For remote participants, the session
will be presented in the format of an augmented conference call
(similar to other Ontolog virtual events); you will only need a phone
and Internet access to participate.    (07)

*RSVP* by emailing both Frank Olken <folken@xxxxxxx> and Peter Yim at
<peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or add yourself directly to the session
page if you are already an Ontolog community member, and will only be
attending remotely) so that we can prepare enough resources to support
everyone. ... RSVP now (if you haven't already)!
Note that *registration is mandatory for on-site participants*, and
the deadline for that is Tue 2009.10.27. See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/Workshop_2009_10_30_Registration    (08)

These sessions will be recorded and the proceedings made available in
a publicly accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please
make sure you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (09)

Regards.  =ppy    (010)

for and on behalf of the workshop organizers
  Frank Olken
  Howard Mason
  Ed Barkmeyer
  David Price