ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] Invitation to participate in the 2009 Ontology Summ

To: <ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 06:15:32 -0700

Dear Colleague,

                You are invited to participate in the online follow-up to the 2009 Ontology Summit on Thursday, May 14th, 2009, where we will be reviewing the several months of discussion that culminated in the Ontology Summit Symposium at NIST on April 6-7, 2009. There are a number of topics that will be covered, including:

·         Clarification on what an endorsement of the communiqué implies, vis-à-vis perceived endorsement of all the example projects versus endorsement of the strategic direction of applying ontology to standards

·         Discussion of the process for following the progress or prospects for the example projects and any other relevant activities (e.g. special Ontolog sessions during the coming year)

This dialogue will be held during the customary Thursday Ontolog conference call time. Please see http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_05_14 for specifics on calling in, etc. We particularly hope that the champions of each of the example projects will participate, as well as those of you who have brought up issues related to the communiqué.

We hope you will be able to join us.

Steven R. Ray, Chair

2009 Ontology Summit

Join this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx