ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] Semantic Wiki mini-series Session-2 - Semantic Wiki

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swikig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:30:03 -0800
Re:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_11_20    (01)

Further to the great launch session we had on 23-Oct-2008 of our
Semantic Wiki mini-series during which we made "A Survey of the
Landscape and State-of-Art in Semantic Wiki," we take pleasure in
presenting the second session in the series. ... You are
cordially invited to join us at the event, virtually, this coming
Thursday 20-Nov-2008.    (02)

The session is entitled: "An introduction to some of the Semantic
Wiki Engines and Related Technologies"    (03)

This session will be chaired by Mr. Harold Solbrig (Mayo Clinic,
US). He will be joined by a panel of semantic wiki technology
experts who will be showing us, first hand, a variety of
different implementations, and in so doing, allow us to compare
and contrast the motivating factors, models, technologies and
capabilities. The panel will include Dr. Sebastian Schaffert
(IkeWiki), Mr. Tobias Kuhn (Ace Wiki), Mr. Christoph Lange
(SWiM), Professor Martin Hepp (myOntology), Mr. Sebastian
Dietzold (OntoWiki) & Professor Daniel Schwabe (HDEWiki).    (04)

Besides the ones mentioned above, we realize there are other
semantic wiki technologies being developed. We want to hear about
them too. If you fall into this category, we invite you to do a
"one slide" (3 min. max) presentation, and give a "lightning
talk" on what they are doing. Just send us (Harold Solbrig
<Solbrig.Harold@xxxxxxxx> and Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>) a
title, a paragraph abstract, and your one slide (in pdf, if
possible) on/before end-of-day (tomorrow) Tue 2008.11.18, and we
will add you to the agenda and proceedings.    (05)

Note that we will not be covering the Semantic Mediawiki and its
extensions/enhancements in this session. The upcoming session-3
of this mini-series (Thu 2008.12.11) will be dedicated to do
that, specifically. We will be featuring the "lightning talks"
segment in that session too.    (06)

As before, we will leave ample time for Q&A and open discussion
at this session, after we are done with all the prepared
presentations. We are confident that the mini-series will be
useful for those who seek to find out what semantic wikis are all
about, as well as for the serious developers, administrators and
users of semantic wikis.    (07)

*Conference Call Details*:    (08)

* Date: Thursday, 20-November-2008
* Start Time:
   10:30pm PST / 1:30pm EST / 7:30pm CEST / 17:30 UTC
  o see world clock -
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2008&hour=10&min=30&sec=0&p1=224    (09)

* Expected Call Duration: 2.0~2.5 hours
* Dial-in Numbers:
  o When calling in from a phone, use Conference ID: "4389979#"
  o from a US telephone (US): +1-218-486-3600
  o from Europe, call:
    + Austria 0820-4000-1577
    + Germany 01805-00-7642
    + Switzerland 0848-560-327 or 0848-414-110    (010)

Please refer to full agenda and details (including dial-in
numbers for more European countries) at the session wiki page
at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_11_20    (011)

This event, like all Ontolog virtual events, is open and free of
charge. Anyone who is interested, or (better still) who may have
something to contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event
details on the session page, to which the hyperlink is given
above, where you will find session agenda, conference call
dial-in, slides and other pertinent information. Feel free to
pass this invitation along to colleagues who may also find these
sessions to be of interest.    (012)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or
add yourself directly to the session page if you are already an
Ontolog member) so that we can prepare enough resources to
support everyone. [Please state clearly the date of the session
you are registering for in your email.]    (013)

This session will be recorded and made available in a publicly
accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please make
sure you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (014)

Regards.  =ppy    (015)

Semantic Wiki mini-series project
Co-champions,
  Dr. LiDing (RPI Tetherless World Constellation),
  Dr. SebastianSchaffert (Salzburg Research, Austria),
  Mr. HaroldSolbrig (Mayo Clinic),
  Mr. MaxVolkel (AIFB, Karlsruhe), and
  Mr. PeterYim (Ontolog, CIM3)
--    (016)