ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] Semantic Wiki mini-series Launch Event - Thu 2008.1

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swikig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 02:40:44 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_10_23    (01)

Further to the very successful planning session we had on 18-Sep-2008
during which we were able to collect a huge number of ideas and offers
to contribute, we have finally put together a 6-month program for this
high anticipated "Semantic Wiki mini-series." ... You are cordially
invited to join us at the *Semantic Wiki mini-series Launch Event*
which will take place, virtually, this Thursday 23-Oct-2008.    (02)

The session is entitled: (session-1) "A survey of the Semantic Wiki
Landscape and the State-of-Art"    (03)

This session will be co-chaired by Dr. Sebastian Schaffert (Salzburg
Research, Austria) and Mr. Max Volkel (AIFB, Karlsruhe), the two
gentlemen who were responsible for pulling the first "semantic wiki"
workshop and community together back in 2005.  During this launch
session they will outline what people could be expecting from the
mini-seriesin the upcoming 6-months. We will also be hearing from our
co-chairs on (a) some background and history on Semantic Wikis, (b)
perspectives gained from the SemWiki 2006 & 2008 workshops, and (c)
where they feel things are going (trends, directions, future
scenarios) in the semantic wiki space.    (04)

We will leave ample time for open discussion at this session, and will
continue to solicit ideas and input to help enhance the program. We
are confident that the mini-series will be useful for those who seek
to find out what semantic wikis are all about, as well as for the
serious developers, administrators and users of semantic wikis.    (05)

*Conference Call Details*:    (06)

* Date: Thursday, 23-October-2008
* Start Time:
 10:30 AM PDT / 1:30 PM EDT / 7:30pm CEST / 17:30 UTC
 o see world clock -
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=23&year=2008&hour=10&min=30&sec=0&p1=224
* Expected Call Duration: 1.5~2.0 hours
* Dial-in Numbers:
 o Skype: ontolog.forum
 o When calling in from a phone, use Conference ID: "4389979#"
 o from a US telephone (US): +1-218-486-3600
 o from Europe, call:
  + Austria 0820-4000-1577
  + Germany 01805-00-7642
  + UK 0870-738-0765    (07)

Please refer to full agenda and details (including dial-in numbers for
more European countries) at the session wiki page
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_10_23    (08)

This event, like all Ontolog virtual events, is open and free of
charge. Anyone who is interested, or (better still) who may have
something to contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event details on
the session page, to which the hyperlink is given above, where you
will find session agenda, conference call dial-in, slides and other
pertinent information. Feel free to pass this invitation along to
colleagues who may also find these sessions to be of interest.    (09)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or add
yourself directly to the session page if you are already an Ontolog
member) so that we can prepare enough resources to support everyone.
[Please state clearly the date of the session you are registering for
in your email.]    (010)

This session will be recorded and made available in a publicly
accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please make sure
you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (011)

Regards.  =ppy    (012)

Semantic Wiki mini-series project
Co-champions,
  Dr. LiDing (RPI Tetherless World Constellation),
  Dr. SebastianSchaffert (Salzburg Research, Austria),
  Mr. HaroldSolbrig (Mayo Clinic),
  Mr. MaxVolkel (AIFB, Karlsruhe), and
  Mr. PeterYim (Ontolog, CIM3)
--    (013)